Monday, September 21, 2009

7. Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.

C25K and you iPod!

Have you ever wanted to run a 5K race? Why would you? If you ever get that bad idea, here is something that might help you achieve the goal. Couch to 5K or C25K is a program that gets people off of the couch and trains them on how to run a 5 k race in nine weeks. Now I know that you are wondering what this has to do with technology. Well, let me explain.

If you follow the program that I am using you need either a ipod Touch or iPhone and the C25K application. The application allows you to start your own favorite music and then start the C25K program. It delivers a voice over your music that tell you when to run and when to walk. You start out each session with a 5 minute warm up and then you start running. Then you walk. Then you run. Then you walk. I think you can get the message. It always ends with another 5 minute cool down walk. What it does over the eight week time is gradually extend the running and elimiate the walking portion of the training.

During the session it will alert you when you are half way so that you can turn around and go back home. At the end of the session you can even have it automatically post it to your facebook account. Once you post it, you have to finish the program. Too many people know what you are up to by then.

There are other programs out there but you have to listen to their music. I prefer this one because I can use something that I like or even an audio book. There is nothing better than a great audio book when you are walking or working out. It makes the time fly by and takes you mind off of the pain.

http://www.c25k.com/ Here is a great site that explains the whole 9 week program.

No comments:

Post a Comment