Sunday, September 20, 2009

22.Take a look at the titles available on NetLibrary and learn how to download audiobooks.

I think one on the best ways to get non traditional library users back in (or maybe back into the website) is by leveraging our resources like NetLibrary. I where a flash drive around my neck with a audio book. You cannot imagine how many times I have been asked what it is. When I tell people that is has a couple of books on it that I downloaded for free from the public library they just cannot believe it. I have used NetLibrary and Wilbur (Overdrive) to download over 40 books this summer. I listen to them as I make long drives. (My family is still in Utah trying to sell our house) I also use them while walking. I walk 4-10 miles a day for exercise.

Check out this MP3 player. It plays audio books, includes a radio and charges when you attach it to your PC with the USB port!

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenmozaic/

I find the title selection of our subscription to Overdrive better than our current subscription to NetLibrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment